Manage your account
Make YouPolls.com your home page
Society & Religion
Food & Drink
Mike Huckabee Raised Taxes
Added 2890 days ago in
Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee was introduced on NBC's "Meet the Press" with a bit of bad news. A new MSNBC poll finds him back in second place in Iowa behind Mitt Romney. "Has Mitt Romney said anything that's been untrue about you?" Tim Russert asked. Huckabee replied half-jokingly, "How long do we have on this program today?"
Huckabee listed the areas where he felt Romney's ads had distorted his record, and argued that Romney "left his roads a mess in Massachusetts" and raised taxes by half a million. "Fees," Russert interjected. Huckabee asserted that raising fees had the same effect on the wallet as raising a tax.
Russert point out that some conservative groups had given Huckabee a D or F when it came to raising taxes. Huckabee said he only raised taxes for things that were crucial, like roads and schools. "That's what being a governor is about in some cases," Huckabee replied, and pointed out that he also lowered some taxes. "We untaxed poor people and gave them a shot of making it up the economic ladder…I'm proud of the fact that we raised teacher pay."
Report This Post
Add To Favorites
Is Mike Huckabee Republican or Democrat?
His record shows him to be a Democrat due to fiscal policy
He untaxed poor & helped them make it up the economic ladder
This is not a scientific survey,
to learn more. Results may not total 100% due to rounding and voting descrepencies.
2890 days ago
Don't stick him with us, take him away. He's a taliban.
2890 days ago
Huckabee is ONE ( http://snipr.com/fthuckabeeonirs ) with the FairTax grassroots movement ( http://snipr.com/becomeamember ). While many - like Romney, and others, who are invested in the current income tax system - seek to demagog ( http://snipurl.com/taxpanelrebutted ) the well-researched FairTax plan, its acceptance in the professional / academic community ( http://snipurl.com/econsopenletter ) continues to grow. Renown economist Laurence Kotlikoff believes that failure to enact the FairTax - choosing instead to try to "flatten" what he deems to be a non-flattenable income tax system - will eventuate into an irrevocable economic meltdown ( http://snipurl.com/meltdowninprogress ) because of the hidden aspects of the current system that make political accountability impossible.
Romney's recent WEAK response to FairTax questioning on "This Week with Geo. Stephanopoulos ( http://snipurl.com/stephanopoulosdebate )" drew a sharp contrast between Huckabee and all other presidential front-runners who will not embrace it. Huckabee understands that what's wrong with the income tax can't be fixed with "a tap of the hammer, nor a twist of the screwdriver." That his opponents cling to the destructive Tax Code, the IRS, preserving political power of granting tax favors at continued cost to - and misery of - American families, invigorates his campaign's raison d'etre.
Of the FairTax, Huckabee asserts that it's...
• SIMPLE, easy to understand
• EFFICIENT, inexpensive to comply with and doesn't cause less-than-optimal business decisions for tax minimization purposes
• FAIR, FLAT, and FAMILY FRIENDLY, loophole-free, and everyone pays their share
• LOW TAX RATE is achieved by broad base with no exclusions
• PREDICTABLE, doesn't change, so financial planning is possible
• UNINTRUSIVE, doesn't intrude into our personal affairs or limit our liberty
• VISIBLE, not hidden from the public in tax-inflated prices or otherwise
• PRODUCTIVE, rewards - rather than penalizes - work and productivity
A detailed benefits analysis of the plan (from The FairTax Book) explains Huckabee's ardent advocacy:
• No more tax on income - make as much as you wish
• FairTax is paid on goods and services - "new, at retail," not "used"
• You receive your full paycheck - no more deductions
• Every household receives a monthly amount, or "prebate"
• "Prebate" is "advance tax payback" on poverty-level consumption
• FairTax ensures poverty protection, being less regressive than income tax
• Increased household income preserves real purchasing power against any higher prices
• Reduction of "pre-FairTaxed" retail prices (due to reduced costs, increased competition)
• 29.9% mark-up yields 23% FairTax portion of new price tags
• FairTax portion of new prices reveal true cost of gov't to consumers
• FairTax is captured on illicit forms of income when spent
• NO DOUBLE TAXATION on goods and services
• NO MORE IRS or FILING OF INCOME TAX returns
• Parasitic income tax filing industry eliminated
• Savings is bolstered with reduction of interest rates
• Corporate income and payroll taxes revoked under FairTax
• Business compensated for collecting tax at "cash register"
• No more tax-related lawyers, lobbyists on company payrolls
• No more embedded (hidden) income/payroll taxes in prices
• Reduced costs. Competition - not tax policy - drives prices
• Off-shore "tax haven" headquarters can now return to U.S
• No more "favors" from politicians at expense of taxpayers
• Resources go to R&D and study of competition - not taxes
• Global "free (and equitable) trade" becomes possible for currently-disadvanted ( http://snipurl.com/tradeinequity ) U.S. exports
• US exports increase their share of foreign markets
For the COUNTRY:
• 7% - 13% economic growth projected in the first year of the FairTax
• Jobs return to the U.S.
• Foreign corporations "set up shop" in the U.S.
• Tax system trends are corrected to "enlarge the pie"
• Larger economic "pie," means thinner tax rate "slices"
• Initial 23% portion of price is pressured downward as "pie" increases
• No more "closed door" tax deals by politicians and business
• FairTax sets new global standard. Other countries will follow
While passionately supporting FairTax, Huckabee understands that, if elected President, Congress will have to present the bill for his signature. His call to action goes beyond his candidacy, Main Street will have to demand ( http://snipr.com/scrapthecode ) that their legislators deliver the bill.
(Permission granted to republish, in whole or part. -Ian)
2889 days ago
Hick-a-bee is the absolute worst of Republicans. He's for raising taxes and increasing government, on one hand, while an extremist Taliban-like Christian on social issues. They just don't come any worse.
2889 days ago
Huckelberry is on with his greed and a turd of the number two degree.Fair tax lol take away income tax and apply a 29% sales tax.This does not take away all of the inflation taxes just adds to them.If the fair tax does not cost us more it will cost us the same.Nice name for stealing.How can you trust a guy with so much dirt and eye's like a pug on top of it.
Judicial Watch Announces List of Washington's "Ten Most Wanted Corrupt Politicians" for 2007
6. Governor Mike Huckabee (R-AR): Governor Huckabee enjoyed a meteoric rise in the polls in December 2007, which prompted a more thorough review of his ethics record. According to The Associated Press: "[Huckabee's] career has also been colored by 14 ethics complaints and a volley of questions about his integrity, ranging from his management of campaign cash to his use of a nonprofit organization to subsidize his income to his destruction of state computer files on his way out of the governor's office." And what was Governor Huckabee's response to these ethics allegations? Rather than cooperating with investigators, Huckabee sued the state ethics commission twice and attempted to shut the ethics process down.
Ya huckelberry is for you and me lol or is it more like mememememememememe Greedy turd on the turd pile.
You will have 2 minutes to edit your comment.
Add your comments
Vote for President: Trump vs Any Democrat
Made popular 1 day 22 hr ago
Whom do you want as President? Trump or Any other Democrat
Who Won the Democratic Debate?
Made popular 45 days ago
Who Wonthe Democratic Debate?
A Democrat against labor? Yes, NLRB-Boeing fight hurts N.C.
Made popular 49 days ago
Is Obama hurting his party?
Made popular 57 days ago
what is responsible for thedecay in Nigeria health care system
Made popular 92 days ago
Code of Conduct
Copyright © 2007-2015 YouPolls, all rights reserved. Designed by
, Powered by